The forest is for the sawmill is not just raw materials, it is all about. Because of the quality of round wood, and such will be the company revenues. If there is a quality wood, we get a high-quality first-class lumber, get more profit. It is possible to evaluate the quality of wood as standing and harvested logs.
Genuine wood on a root is:
Wood medium and large diameters, from 24 cm to 70 cm. Because of this forest will yield higher quality timber, there is a greater variety of produce of different timber sizes.
Forest above the average height of the breed and a small taper. Higher wood has a larger volume. For example, for the Scots pine can be considered a good height of 35 - 40 meters.
Forest without splitting the tops, with minimal presence of the curvature.
Green forest with minimal presence of dead wood and windfall.
Forest with no external mechanical damage. For example, today you can find in the forest with lots of trees tapping. Tapping reduce the yield of timber.
It should also be remembered that the forest is located on the plains at lower cost in the procurement unlike timber harvested in marshy places and on the hills.
The next step after the round logging are sawing logs. Our logs harvested forest becomes.
Quality of sawing logs for this:
1. Logs medium and large diameters. Of these, a useful output of higher lumber grades more.
2. Logs with the absence of decay. No need to comment.
3. Logs green forest, not the dry, without cracks and blue stain.
4. The logs are round, oval logs from below the output of high-quality lumber. Without curvature.
5. From a taper logs lumber output quality will be higher.
6. The logs are cut off flush with the knots.
7. Logs with appropriate allowances in length, corresponding to GOST.
8. Very often the logs are transported not only by road but also in cars. After unloading of round timber from wagons, logs are nails, pieces of wire. Qualitative logs - logs without foreign inclusions.
9. But if the road brought the logs, the wood can be messy. Dirt increases the expense of cutting tools. So today timber equipped with facilities that protect the logs from dirt.